To everyone, it was a gloomy day,
Gray, windy, cold
Birds flying back to their nest
Children running back to their home from mid football match
Lady from downstairs yelling at her husband about something
To me, it was a perfect weather for a nice quiet long walk
Grabbing my hoodie and headphones, I rushed to welcome the chilly air
I chose this apartment because I loved how close the beach was from here
But it is always flooded with loud obnoxious people
Not today though
With Imagined Dragons blaring in my ears I jogged towards the ocean
The sight of water brought an instant smile on my face
Removing my headphones, I walked to the shore
The sound of the ocean, the air, the empty beach, it cannot get better than this
There's a house few feet away
A beach facing house
Lucky bastards
I always wanted a house near the ocean
I can't help but stare through the window into what seems like a kitchen
Bright yellow kitchen
a woman sipping something from a blue cup and talking and smiling at someone
Her smile was beautiful but her eyes were lifeless
Maa used to say that windows are deceiving
What may look beautiful from outside
Can often be empty and shattered from inside
Forcing my eyes away from the window I enjoyed what I came for
I don't know how long I sat there
Lost in my thoughts
"What the hell?"
Suddenly I am startled by something wet on my face
Dog?
"hey buddy where did you come from?"
"he doesn't do that normally, he must like you," she said smiling at me with her sad but mesmerizing eyes
To everyone, it was a gloomy day
To me, it was the beginning of a challenge

Filling hope and life in those mesmerizing eyes for the rest of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cross that Line!

I am War and Death is My Bestfriend!