When Anant was 16, his father torched himself in his home office. He never found out what made his father do that. 
Do you know how burning flesh smells?” he asked while laying beside me and tracing circles on my hand. 
“No and I hope I never get to.”
I met Anant in college; he was a loner like me. I wouldn’t call him handsome, but there was something appealing about his personality. 
Passing by boys dorm room to collect my notes from one of my classmate I heard ‘Marvin Gaye Let’s Get it on’ coming from Room 13, when I peaked through the windowI saw Anant siting in dark and playing with a lighter, it was unsettling to watch it but I couldn’t make myself look away. 
Later I found out that when his father was burning ‘Marvin Gaye’ was playing on his stereoit was the song and screaming that caught Anant’s attention while he was playing fifa downstairs. 
“Why do you keep listening to that song?”
“I don’t know, to get some clue maybe. To find out why would he fucking play this song and then put himself on fire.
“Do you mind if I play this song while we do it?” Is that his idea of being funny? 
Yeah, that’s not weird at all.” I said sarcastically. And we really did it while Marvin Gaye was encouraging us to get it on.
Anant’s smile was beautiful, but it only appeared when he was watching the fire from his lighter, it was obvious that I had some issues, or their must be something wrong with my head to find such screwed up thing beautiful.
I nagged him to stop listening to that song because it has fucked him up and will do the same to me, but he refused and threw me out of his room. I tried staying away but couldn’t. 
On 14th October 2013, I got a call from the boy whose room is next to Anant’s roomI ran as fast as I could to the boys dorm, Marvin Gaye was bursting from the speaker, everyone was trying to knock his door down. Anant’s blood chilling screams filled my ears, and I stopped in front of his window, and there he was, dancing on Marvin Gaye Let’s Get it on.
©theroamingbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cross that Line!

I am War and Death is My Bestfriend!