"You remember that lady above our old apartment Patel?" Tanya asked without looking at me, she did that quite often, talk without making any eye contact.
"Mrs Bose?"
"Yeah, her soul left her body."
"What? Did she die?"
"Partially, her body is still here"
"Tanya, you do realize that you're not making much sense, right?"
Finally she turned to look at me, with an annoyed expression, as if I'm the one who's blabbering stupid stuff, "Soul don't just go away when you're 'dead-dead' Patel, sometimes it just get flushed away."
"Why do you think that her soul left her body?" God just speaking that line makes me feel stupid.
"I met her today, she was near my office, she was walking all alone, looking lost, I stopped to talk to her, but she just stared at me, with a blank expression, her eyes held no emotions, nothing, absolutely blank."
Tanya turned again to look at the empty road and continued," I took her back to her house, and she didn't say a word at all during that time, when we reached at the main gate, I asked the watchman to help her get to her floor, he said that she doesn’t live there anymore, I asked did the Bose family shift somewhere else, he told me her husband and her 8 year old kid died 7 months ago while going to school for annual function and since then she has lived with her mother."
Although I didn't know them well enough to mourn, but it did makes you feel a little queasy when you find out that someone you know died. All I can ask was, "She didn't recognize you at all?"  She ignored my question and said,  "I took her mother's address from old neighbor, when we reached there, her mother opened the door with teary face and sighed a breath of relief after seeing Mrs Bose with me, she told me how she ran off again without telling her and how worried she was, all this while Mrs Bose was sitting on a chair with the same blank expression."
"Didn't Mrs Bose used to be a vice president of some snooty office?"
"The day when her kid had his annual function, he was going to get an award for excellence in studies, apparently he was a really bright kid and a little too smart for his age, Mrs Bose didn't attend it because she had a meeting, and she had a huge fight with Mr Bose for never putting their kid first even on his special day, but Mrs Bose left for the meeting anyways, and you know the rest. Since then she has been like that, just a body, waiting for nothing at all, hoping for nothing at all."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cross that Line!

I am War and Death is My Bestfriend!